picture1

picture1

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Individual part (Xinyi)


What you did for a “take action” and reflect on how it felt.
·           I went into the official website, http://www.npfpc.gov.cn/, which is called National Population and Family Planning Commission of P. R. China. It has English page as well. It’s my first time to find Chinese official website about this policy in English. I read several messages from people in China about their questions on this policy. I just found that those questions were further than what I thought to ask. All the people left messages because they met some special problems in their real life. As for me, although I know there is such a conflict and I have my own strong opinion, I have not met this kind of problems yet. This means I cannot feel exactly how the parents feel or experience what the parents meet.
·           I also left a message on this website to ask whether all the cities can use the law of having two children in the family which both of the couple are the only child in their family. I hope I can see the reply soon.
·           I felt very happy while taking this action as I realized that I’m doing something about society and our country.

Reflect on how taking this type of action connects with democratic values.
·           This is what citizens should do, paying attention to the current events and giving our own opinions to the country. We are using our rights to protect our own interests. It is certainly something about democratic values as we are the people from the country and we can demonstrate our owe opinion.

Where do you lie in regards to teaching about social justice issues?
·           I think we need to teach social justice issues but now deeply. In my opinion, social events are something that we should discover by ourselves. Teaching the basic information about these issues can help children build up their understanding of social events. But if we teach too much, we must give our own opinions to the students to a certain degree. It’s not good for the development of children and also the whole society.
·           As for education, I think it is something good for the society. Students learn the knowledge in school and build up the basic understanding of social events here.

Something about the quote:
·           This quote is kind of interesting. I think social justice will be a forever topic in the word. However, I think it is not such a big issue in China, although we have discussions as well. It’s really what we need to learn from America so that there are more and more people concerning about our own country’s events.

http://www.taopic.com/uploads/allimg/111016/1821-111016111T014.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment