picture1

picture1

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Interview by Maoqi



Problem: Do you think the One Child Policy should be abolished?
Wei is my roommate who is also a Chinese girl.

Ps: The third hand is Xinyi's.
Is this a problem you think is important?  Why/ Why not?
I think the one child policy is very important. It depends on different factors if it need to be abolished or not. This policy exists that means reasonable. Due to the huge population of China, this is a effective policy to control population. For some levels, this policy has improved China's economy. However, it do hurt people's human rights.
 Do you think others in our community this is an important problem? why/ why not?
Yes, I think others like me in China think it is an important problem. The One Child Policy is already the basic policy in China. It has benefits and drawbacks.
What policy, if any, does government now have to deal with this problem?
There are several sub policies for government to deal with different situation. For example, if a couple are the one child in their family, they can have their second child. This sub policy is a method to against the aging problem in the future.
If their is policy around your issue/ problem/ topic, ask these questions:
What are advantages of this policy?
Because I am the only child in my family, I can have my second baby if I marry another only boy in his family. It is one of advantages of this sub policy.
What are disadvantages of this policy?
The disadvantage of these sub policy is still unfair. It gives some people a chance to have a second child not all.
How might the policy be improved?
These policies can be improved based on widening the  requirements. Maybe in the future, person who have one sibling can have a second child.
Does the policy need to be replaced?  why?
These policies do not need to be replaced. It works well contemporary .
What disagreements, if any, about the policy exist in this community?
The one child policy indeed hurts humans' rights. Some unseen social problems are caused by this policy.
Where can I get more information about this problem and the different positions people take on this problem?
I can get opposite information from western media online. I can know what's westerners' opinions about this policy. Therefore, I can get a overview of this policy.
Reflection: After I interviewed my friend, Wei, I found that we have similar opinions about the One Child Police. We both think it is an effective policy but it defend human's rights in China. If I do interview next time, I hope that I can come up with my own questions. That can help me to get more information from interviewee.


No comments:

Post a Comment